Give Dad the gift of health for Father’s Day this year. Dr. Jonny Bowden, Ph.D., CNS tells us how!
As another Father’s Day rolls around, the women in their men’s lives are combing the shelves and web for the perfect gift. Definitely, Dad has enough ties, socks and even tools (still sitting in the back of the closet, drawer and garage, respectively!). This year, try something unique—give him the gift of health! While he’s probably not Jonesing for ways to get healthier (or admitting it)—with your help, he can take steps in the right direction that will have a big impact.
Preventive medicine is the key, and taking care of your body is essential to avoiding the bigger problems down the road like heart disease, prostate cancer, and other major medical issues,” says “Rogue Nutritionist” and bestselling author of The Great Cholesterol Myth, Jonny Bowden, Ph.D., CNS. Below, Bowden provides quintessential tips that can help make your Dad healthy throughout the entire year.
- Take CoQ10—This naturally occurring compound plays a major role in cellular energy production and overall wellness. We make it in every cell in our body but our ability to do so declines with age. And CoQ10 is one of the most important nutrients for the heart. Taking a CoQ10 daily supplement not only boosts your energy, but also helps maintain the proper functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- Eat/Drink Wisely—Instead of eating processed foods for lunch and snacks, stick with foods that boost energy in a healthy way. For example: Canned tuna contains tyrosine, a precursor to the energy-giving neurotransmitter dopamine; dark cocoa (at least 60%) contains a mild (and healthy!) stimulant called Theobromine; and green tea contains moderate amounts of caffeine but also L-theanine, an amino acid that’s very relaxing—and leaves you feeling energized but without the jitters.
- Add Resveratrol to Your Regimen— “Resveratrol is a powerful anti-inflammatory, and inflammation is the primary cause of heart disease. It also strengthens the mitochondria, which are the energy factories in every cell. Breakdown in the mitochondria is one of the main causes of aging and disease in general,” he says.
- Alleviate Stress–Stress can rob you of energy, causing fatigue and a wide range of health issues. A great and easy anti-stress Rx from Dr. Jonny is a special kind of deep breathing, which you can do in as little as four minutes.
Below are some of Bowden’s favorite products that can help Dad get a jump-start on better health.
- CocoaWell® True Energy with AdaptoStress3™ contains three of the most powerful adaptogenic herbs—ashwagandha, rhodiola rosea, and schisandra. They help the body adapt to mental and physical stress and maintain holistic balance.
- Reserveage Organics Resveratrol containing trans-resveratrol. This formula contains their organic French red-wine grapes direct from their vineyards in France.
- Organic’s Keratin Booster™ for Men with Cynatine®, can help dad if he’s worrying about where his hairline begins. It contains all-natural, plant-derived substances that help support normal levels of DHT in the body.
- Reserveage Organics Active Ubiquinol CoQ10 delivers enhanced levels of ubiquinol to sustain strong cellular function. The older we get our levels of active CoQ10 dip as aging challenges the body to convert it into usable Ubiquinol. In high levels, Ubiquinol has been shown to help slow the markers of aging.
Read more from Dr. Jonny Bowden, Ph.D., CNS here!