Moms are notorious for worrying. And while some worrying can be beneficial, too much can interfere with life’s daily tasks. So how do you sit back and let the worrying go? Below are some helpful tips to keep your mind focused and your worrying away!
- Take a deep breath- okay so you’ve heard this one before… but that’s because it works! A deep breath is dramatic, you should be able to hear the flow of breath as well as feel the movement in your diaphragm.
Try to breath deeply for 5 full breaths, and then resume whatever task you were engaged in.
- Exercise regularly- exercising increases production of serotonin and endorphins… both hormones that make you feel good!
- Write it down- taking time to fill a page with your problems and then seeing how some really aren’t worth the worry helps put things into perspective
- Avoid caffeine- as a stimulant it can intensify all of your emotions. Instead drink lots of water!
- Talk it out- call a friend or family member and gain another perspective
- Try a guided meditation- sitting down and simply letting your mind go blank can seem impossible when your mind is filled! Instead, listening to a guided meditation will let you focus on the words, not your worries